THE RULES Jul 25, 2012 1:51:54 GMT -5
Post by SHAYLA on Jul 25, 2012 1:51:54 GMT -5
- before signing up for Take the Bullet, please be over the age of thirteen. it isn't just our rule, but proboards as well.
- right off the bat, after registering change your display name to your characters first middle and last name. ex) james sirius potter, ALL in uppercase.
- everybody knows that some can handle more characters than others. we are not going to have a limit on how many a person can have, but if we feel that you cannot handle another we will deny you until your doing better with the ones you already have existing. a suggested amount of posts is fifteen for each after three characters, as you know you are at that point.
- never will a ban be put on males or females. people have a right to make the gender they want. to make sure that the ratio isn't too out of whack, we ask that for every two girls, one guy is made. not good at roleplaying guys? give it a shot anyways! nobody can be that bad.
- our word limit isn't anything crazy. we ask that you can write more than 400 words in each posts. it's not hard to get above, but we want to welcome all people- beginners to long timers! let's be fair about it, though. if someone gives you an 950 post, don't give them 400 back.
- addressing the rule of bans two above, one ban we do have the right to put up is on half-breeds and special abilities. if we feel too many people are asking, we will put them to rest for a short while until the members of the site increase.
- there is no anime or cartoon characters allowed as play-by's here. we accept celebrities, as well as models, only.
- once you are accepted and sorted into your house, your play by is not claimed. to insure nobody takes your pb away from you, claim the person in our 'face claim' thread. until then, we cannot promise you that you have a guaranteed play-by.
- reservations are possible. this is a canon only site. our extensive canon list creates no need for the allowance. however, once the site grows larger, if there is not the specific house/gender/age ratio PM an admin and we can add some new families onto the list.
- this is a third person site. for those of you who do not know what that means, in all of your posts refrain from using the words 'i' and 'me' and stick to 'he' 'she' or your characters name.
- if you want a pregnancy on this site, contact one of the admins and discuss it. you have to be accepted. afterall, these are 18 to 22 year olds in school. not many are going to have children. however, pregnancies happen and will have a chance. considering we also accept adults, they are allowed to have children and will be accepted easier, but still have to be run through an admin. a death must be ran through an admin as well.
- once you have claimed your celebrity play-by, you cannot change it. therefore make sure you pick carefully the first time around!
- we want active members. please do not join and never come back again! nobdoy likes a ditcher!
- because of the change in proboards rule, we no longer allow you to roleplay out any sexual or violent actions. you can mention them, yes, but do not get into specifics or we will give you a warning.
- drugs, alcohol and sex may be present in characters life. if you are against that, this probably isn't the site for you.
- do not god mod, it's wrong. godmodding is making a character who is not your own act a certain way or speak words the creating didn't write themselves. if you feel the need too, ask them first.
- be realistic when roleplaying. if your character is duelling, there is no chance nothing will hit them, even if they're proclaimed the best.
- nobody is perfect, therefore mary-sues and gary-sues cannot exist. flaws are a must in every character, even for those barbie and ken look-a-likes out there.
- do not advertise in our c-box. there is an advertising board for a reason. use it and we will return the favor.
- if you feel you are being bullied by another member, contact the administrator team and we will watch out for it. were all friends here, and want no trouble to brew.